One of the things which seems to rule this world is materialism. There's billions of people, running around, trying to get their hands on the latest gadget. It can get depressing. It can wear us down. It can make us wonder what we're on this planet for if we're not part of that rat race.
And I suspect that there are lots of people who feel out of this "loop", who don't want to be part of that hamster on a wheel life that they see affecting those around them.
I see it a lot, and it drives me crazy. So many people who have nothing to talk about but themselves. You question them about the news, or music, or films, or something else and they have no opinion. It's as though they're blind to the beauty around us. They never stop to smell the flowers, nor do they dance in the rain. For many people, it can feel as though they are dragging their feet through mud, wondering if there's any way to break this cycle.
It doesn't help when you're trapped by the day to day walls of life. A job you may not like. A housing situation you may hate. A partner, or lack of, who doesn't understand. It's draining, tiring, and often upsetting.
So what can we do to change this world? What can we do to help it get better?
- Smile. It's free and it's easy.
- Hugs. The same go for hugs. Free to everyone.
- Dance. Even if you're in company. We all have the music in us. Listen to it.
- Sing. Doesn't matter if you don't have the best voice in the world, music always help to lift the spirits.
- Be you. You're changing things just by being in this world. You can change it for the better.
Thank you to everyone who sent messages last week. The ribs are slowly healing. Still a bit sore, but getting there. I really appreciate all your love and concern. Thank you!