1. Hi Kez! Thank you for taking the time to talk to me! First things first, tells us a bit about yourself.
I'm a 29 year old mom of 1. His name is Calum and he is nearly 6.
I have been reading since I learned how and my love of reading a good book only increases as time goes by.
I am a YA book reviewer/blogger and have decided within the last year that I wanted to write a book of my own. However, I only got the courage towards the end of 2012.
2. How did you get in to writing?
I had been toying with the idea for nearly a year but couldn't quite push myself over the ledge into the writing world, which is funny because now I can't claw my way back out LOL
3. Tell us about your book. Where did you get the idea from? How long have you been on working on it? When will it be available to buy?
It's a YA Paranormal Romance about a girl who's parent are murdered and their souls are stolen. She has to try and retrieve their souls so that they can be free.
The question is, will she be able to free them and will she fall in love along the way.
As for where I got the idea from? I don't actually know. I just woke up one day and realised that I had an idea for a book and would love to see my name on a book cover.
I've been working on it since about November 2012. I do want it to be available to buy soon, but have yet to write the last third and then embrace the world of self publishing.
4. What do you enjoy most about writing? Do you find it to be an outlet for yourself? Is there anything you don't like?
What I like most is the fact that it comes to me easier than I had thought it would. I'm not saying what I've written is good, it could be a load of crap, but it comes to my mind thick and fast and my fingers have a job of keeping up with the thoughts in my head.
I had a plan for where this book would go but from when i started writing it, it has lead me astray.
The basic premise is still the same, but how I get from beginning to end is not the journey I planned. Not that that's a bad thing. I hope! ;)
5. Did you plan your book or are a "by the seat of your pants" kind of writer?
I did have a plan. I wrote what I thought was 6 chapters, in a notebook because at the time I didn't have a laptop with Word on it.
However, once i got a laptop with Word, I realised that what I thought was going to be 6 chapters was only about 2 and I had to go back and put more description in because I didn't have enough.
I put a self-imposed ban on writing over Christmas 2012 and thought that when I got back to writing that I would actually do some planning because the first part just came to me.
However, I got this physical ache in my gut that told me I need to write. So this last week I have turned 39,004 words into 55,646 in just 4 days.
6. There are thousands of books released every year. How do you feel about being in that kind of market? Do you have plans for how to promote yourself? What would you say to other people who are thinking of entering the writing world but feel depressed that they'll never make anything of themselves through it?
Well I intend to self publish, and let it just be e-books at first. Once I see if it sells or not, I will then consider using Createspace to publish paperbacks.
I don't know much about promotion but I am working so much on the writing that I am hoping to have some thoughts on promotion ince I type The End.
As for anyone wanting to write, i say WRITE. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else. You have to be happy with your book before anyone else will be. You have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and say to yourself "I Can Do This" because you can. If I can, trust me, anyone can!
7. The world's a pretty dark place at the moment. What would you do to change it?
I would write more books for people to get lost in. If I feel down, I read or write. It always cheers me up to be out of the RL world for a bit.
8. If you could give a message to the world, what would it be?
Be kinder to each other. There is too much hate and life is too short. Let's work together to make this world a better place.
9. If you look at the media, things appear to be falling apart on a daily basis; economies, relationships, businesses etc. What are your hopes for the world in 2013?
For this country to pull itself out of its recession. For government to actually stand up and do something right.
10. Finally, where can we find you online?
You can find my blog here: www.gothicangelbookreviews.blogspot.com
My Facebook Pages:
Thank you for the interview Rae, I only hope that your readers will take a chance on this Indie Author.