Friday 12 August 2016

This Is Just a Tribute - Update 1

I thought it was about time to give you an update on the two projects that were launched in July.

The first is a book dedicated to some of the world's hardest working tribute bands. Of the two books, this is going to be the one that takes the longest to put together because, while both books are a labour of love, I want this one to be something that everyone is proud of. All of the bands are being hand picked by myself and my family and I'm focusing on one interview at a time. This gives me a chance to research the band and to customise the questions to them. Thank you to everyone I've spoken to in regards to this book and thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of you in the coming months.


The second book is one that I spent around eighteen months debating whether to write and is dedicated to documenting the stories from Foo Fighters fans. It's a fun piece to work on and everyone's love, joy, and enthusiasm are making it a pleasure to put together. There's currently 15 interviews for this book. Ideally, I'd love to get between 20 and 25 so if you'd like to take part, please feel free to email me at:

rae (at) raegee.co.uk

Alternatively, you can answer online at:


If you want more information on the fan book, you can find the original post here:



A few people have asked why I'm writing both books side by side and the main reason is that I like to stay busy. It's also easier to record interviews when all the equipment is set up rather than putting it in to storage and taking it out a few months later.

At the moment I'm saving transcribing the recorded interviews until later in the year. My apartment currently feels like a blast furnace and I'd rather not be sitting right next to an equally hot computer! So the transcribing is a job that's going to be done when the nights draw in and all I want to do is curl up with a cup of tea.

To every person I've spoken to so far: Thank you. Your passion and love for what you do are the driving forces behind these books. You're the ones who keep the music going and support it along the way. 


We all need a bit of this. :)
(Tea is optional!)

No comments:

Post a Comment