Saturday 21 May 2016

Living Las Vegas

The idea for Living Las Vegas was one of those early morning ideas. The ideas that come to you long before dawn is breaking. It was 3am and I was in a taxi, on my way back to McCarran airport. Chatting to the driver, I discovered that she'd moved to Vegas several years beforehand. Not because she was trying to win big or to become famous but in order to provide a better life for her young family. Her story was like so many others I'd heard during the week, people who'd left their homes and moved across the country, or even around the world, to try and provide for those they loved. While I was waiting to board my plane back to the UK, I drafted the idea for Living Las Vegas, a book that would find these people an put their inspiring stories in to one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment