Friday 1 April 2016

One Year On...

This past weekend marks a year since I took the last dose of Seroquel. Over the course of twelve months, I was weaned down from 200 milligrams a day to nothing. On March 28th 2015, I took the final dose.

As I've written before, it wasn't an easy journey. There were the usual withdrawals that you'd associate with any kind of drug. Then there was the case of adjusting back to real life, something which I'm still going through.

This whole process has not been without its problems but it has been fun and interesting. Along the way, I've had to choose what I want to do. Do I give in to the darkness that my mental health can bring? Or do I look to the sun and live in the light? Taking this final step has also taught me that, in life, it takes strength to do anything.

It takes strength to quit an argument.

It takes strength to follow your heart.

It takes strength to be the person you want to be.

It takes strength to make changes.

It takes strength to grow and heal.

It takes strength to live.

Life would be boring if it was easy. We're given challenges to teach us how to face ourselves and our future. What we experience can make us. It's up to you to decide what to do with whatever comes along. Some experiences will make you want to give up. Others will leave you speechless with pride and happiness.

Life is about moving forwards. Even if your movements are slow, you're still going somewhere. The final destination is yours to choose.

This isn't the end. In fact, it's the beginning of a whole new journey. The journey may not be quick but it is about moving forward, even if it's just one step at a time.


Welcome to a whole new chapter. May your life be filled with beauty and love.

http://www.facebook.com/tobymac

1 comment: