This weekend we're celebrating 50 years of one of the world's most iconic TV shows - Doctor Who. With nearly 800 episodes under its belt, the Doctor and his companions have time travelled their way into the homes, hearts, and minds of billions of people.
To celebrate, I compiled a short quiz for the people I work with. Feel free to have a go and no cheating! I'll post the answers later on.
1. What does TARDIS stand for?
2. Who composed the theme tune?
3. Who played the first Doctor?
4. When he reaches the end of his life, the Doctor can do what to remain alive?
5. The Master is the Doctor’s what?
6. The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) had a trademark piece of clothing. What was it?
7. Which villain is characterised by its salt pepper shaker like appearance?
8. K-9 was Doctor Who’s what?
9. The Tenth Doctor’s companion was who?
10. Doctor Who premiered on the day after which other big world event?
11. The words TARDIS and Dalek have been added to what famous reference book?
12. Doctor Who holds the Guinness World Record for what?
13. Doctor Who can be formed into an anagram which is now used for a spin off series. What is this anagram?
14. Which catchphrase from one of Doctor Who’s villains has made it into modern use?
15. Which silver suited villain first appeared in 1966?
And, while we're at it, let's have a bit of music!
So, who's your favourite Doctor? Do you have a favourite memory of the show? Or a favourite villain? Feel free to share them in the comments, and thank you for reading!